Parks and Recreation Board
(Last updated: May 19, 2022)
DID YOU KNOW?
- Interested in Joining the Parks and Recreation Board? Inquire at email@example.com. Volunteer Application for Parks and Recreation Board - Click Here for Application Form: https://forms.gle/qNzzZVkgcxCHeJZK8
- Annual General Meeting is scheduled in November 7, 2022.
- Subcommittees: The Board has smaller subcommittees to tackle key projects. Contact Lisa to find out more - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parks and Recreation programming and activities are under the umbrella of the Board. Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board is made up of 9 members who represent Town Council, R.M. of Laird, and other community members.
- The Board serves the current town population of 784 (Canadian Census, 2021). The board has 7 members who are town residents. The board has 2 members who are R.M. of Laird residents.
- Hepburn P&R Facebook: www.facebook.com/HepburnParksAndRec/
- Hepburn Howler Page 2: monthly newsletter - https://www.hepburn.ca/governance/newsletters.html
- Supporter of the Framework for Recreation in Canada (2015).
- Supported by the Tri-Global Partnership of SK - Sask Sport: Link; SaskCulture: Link; and Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA): Link
- Member of the Lakeland District for Sport, Culture, & Recreation (LDSCR).
- Member of Heritage Saskatchewan.
- Member of Communities in Bloom (CIB).
- Member of Saskatchewan Association of Recreation Professionals (SARP).
- Member of Prairie Rivers Reconciliation Committee (PRRC).
Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board exists to promote a sense of community by coordinating wholesome, positive events, and programs that will bring all members of our community together.
- To provide community wide activities at least three times a year.
- To keep the community informed about events and programs through a newsletter.
- To encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for the members of our community.
- To provide support to organizations within our community.
- To promote intentional networking and communication between existing organizations.
Parks and Rec Board Members
Chairperson: Jennifer Beaumont-Becker
Members: Andrew Berg (Town Council Rep), Sheldon Willems (RM of Laird Rep), Doug Peters, Kim Poulsen, Troy Prosofsky, *Cheryl Reddekopp (Treasurer) - until August 2022, Lisa Braun (Secretary & Community Coordinator).
Meeting Date: 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00pm, or the Monday the week before Town Council meeting.
Feedback: Residents of Town and R.M. are welcome to submit input in writing to email@example.com. Residents and/or community groups may request to be a delegation at monthly meeting by inquiring by the 1st Friday of each month.
Submissions: Residents and groups are welcome to submit items for the monthly newsletter called The Hepburn Howler. Email request by the last Monday of the month.
Two Open Positions: New positions begin September 2022.
Parks and Recreation Subcommittees
- Crokicurl: Tim Baerwald (lead). Troy Prosofsky, Sheldon Willems. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Into the Elements Outdoor Program: Jennifer Beaumont-Becker (lead). Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- PD Day Programs: Lisa Braun (lead). Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Adult Social Nights: Ashton Prescott, Lisa Braun (leads). Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Fundraising: Ashton Prescott, Lisa Braun (leads). Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Youth Programs / Youth Advisory Council: Lisa Braun (lead). Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Communities in Bloom: Town membership since 2021. A cooperative effort of many groups.
- Summer Programs: Included Marketplace Table, Marketplace Kids Activities, etc. TBA.
Reconciliation: Erica Baerwald (Town Council Rep to PRRC), Lisa Braun. Volunteers are welcome to join this team. Prairie Rivers Reconciliation Committee: Facebook.