Hepburn & District Parks & Recreation Board
(Last updated: June 1, 2023)
Did You Know?
- Interested in Joining the Parks & Recreation Board? There is ONE OPEN POSITION! Click Here for Application Form: https://forms.gle/qNzzZVkgcxCHeJZK8
- Parks & Recreation programs and activities are under the umbrella of the Board. Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board is made up of 9 members who represent Town Council, R.M. of Laird, and other community members. The Board serves the current town population of 784 (Canadian Census, 2021). The board has 5 members who are town residents. The board has 3 members who are R.M. of Laird residents.
- Hepburn P&R Facebook: www.facebook.com/HepburnParksAndRec/
- Hepburn Howler Page 2: monthly newsletter - https://www.hepburn.ca/governance/newsletters.html
- *Sask Community Lottery Funding: *Application Form Here. Due March 31, 2023. Applications NOW CLOSED. *Follow Up Report Form Here. Form with All Receipts - Due June 1, 2023. To book an appointment for assistance with your application, please email Lisa at email@example.com - Tuesdays or Thursdays daytime.
Purpose & Goals
Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board exists to promote a sense of community by coordinating wholesome, positive events, and programs that will bring all members of our community together.
- To provide community wide activities at least three times a year.
- To keep the community informed about events and programs through a newsletter.
- To encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for the members of our community.
- To provide support to organizations within our community.
- To promote intentional networking and communication between existing organizations.
Parks & Recreation Board Members
Members: Troy Prosofsky (Chair), Andrew Berg (Town Council Rep), Sheldon Willems (RM of Laird Rep), Doug Peters (Member at Large), Craig Pitcher (Vice Chair), Lisa Braun (Secretary & Community Coordinator), Johannes Schauss (Treasurer), Emily Cameron (Member at Large). ONE open position (Member at Large).
Meeting Date: 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00pm, OR the Monday the week before Town Council meeting.
Feedback: Residents of Town and R.M. are welcome to submit input in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Residents and/or community groups may request to be a delegation at monthly meeting by inquiring by the 1st Friday of each month.
Submissions: Residents and groups are welcome to submit items for the monthly newsletter called The Hepburn Howler. Email request by the last Monday of the month.
Parks and Recreation Subcommittees
- Crokicurl: On Pause.
- NEW: Disc Golf: Troy Prosofsky, Andrew Berg, Emily Cameron. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Into the Elements Outdoor Program: Lisa Braun, Jennifer Beaumont-Becker. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Parent & Tot Playtime: Lisa Braun, Emily Cameron. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Professional Development (PD) Day Programs: Lisa Braun (lead). Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Fundraising / Raffle: Ashton Prescott, Lisa Braun (leads), Tasha Nett, Trevor Bueckert. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Youth Programs / Youth Advisory Council: Lisa Braun (lead), Hepburn School Student Representative Council (SRC) members. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Communities in Bloom: Lisa Braun (lead). Barb Adams-Eichendorf (Main Street Florals). Town membership since 2021. A cooperative effort of many groups. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Summer Programs: Including Marketplace Table, Marketplace Kids Activities, etc. TBA.
Reconciliation: Erica Baerwald (Town Council Rep to PRRC), Ashton Prescott (Heritage Common), Lisa Braun. Volunteers are welcome to join this team. Prairie Rivers Reconciliation Committee: Facebook.
- Homeschool Gym Times: Lisa Braun (lead).
- Supporter of the Framework for Recreation in Canada (2015).
- Supported by the Tri-Global Partnership of SK - Sask Sport: Link; SaskCulture: Link; and Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA): Link
- Member of the Lakeland District for Sport, Culture, & Recreation (LDSCR).
- Member of Heritage Saskatchewan.
- Member of Communities in Bloom (CIB).
- Member of Saskatchewan Association of Recreation Professionals (SARP).
- Member of Prairie Rivers Reconciliation Committee (PRRC).