Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board
(Last updated: October 21, 2020)
UPCOMING DATES BY Parks and Rec:
- NEW: COED Volleyball Night: Thursdays, October 22 to November 26. At Bethany Gym. Youth aged 15 and up $2/person/night. Adult $5/person/night. Register at email@example.com.
- NEW: Pickleball / Badminton Night: Mondays. October 26 to November 30. At Bethany Gym. Adult $5/person. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- REFIT Exercise Class: Wednesdays, September 23 to December 9th (not including November 11), 730-830pm, at Bethany Gym. Find more on REFIT with Saunja Page.
- Babysitting Course: Saturday, October 17th, 9am-4pm, at The Centre. Next Date To Be Announced. Limit of 8 participants.
- Culture Days. NEW for Hepburn. Indoors, Outdoors, Online, and At Home. Events are happening from September 25 to October 25. Find more about Culture Days here and around the province at: culturedays.ca
- Documentary Film Night: Hepburn's Event for Culture Days. In conjunction with Waldheim Library. Showing of Reserve 107: Reconciliation on the Prairies. Saturday, October 17th, 7-9pm, at Bethany.
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR 2021: Winter Festival March 5-7, 2021, Fair Days June 18-21, 2021, and Culture Days September 24-26, 2021
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Board communicates to the community from week to week through Facebook. Use the icon located at the top right of the website or at the link here: https://www.facebook.com/HepburnParksAndRec/
- The Board also includes communicates board activity and community group information through the Howler.
- Re-Open Sask Updates here: Phase 4 is underway.
- Parks and Recreation programming and activities are under the umbrella of the Board. Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board is made up of 9 members who represent Town Council, R.M. of Laird, and other community members.
- Did you know that Hepburn's current town population (688) plus current R.M. district (526) has our population at 1214 people? (Canadian Census, 2016). What will our population be by the next census? Submit your guess to the office at email@example.com.
- Hepburn Parks and Recreation Board supports the Framework for Recreation in Canada (2015).
Hepburn Parks and Recreation Board is supported by the Tri-Global Partnership in Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund for Sport, Culture and Recreation was established in 1974 by Sask Sport Inc., pursuant to the Interprovincial Lotteries Act (1974), for the purpose of granting funds to eligible, non-profit volunteer organizations in the areas of sport, culture and recreation. There are approximately 1,200 groups which receive direct funding support and through them more than 12,000 affiliated organizations benefit, across Saskatchewan communities and First Nations through the Community Grant Program and supporting **9 Sport, Culture and Recreation Districts. The tri-global partners have responsibility for managing their sections of the Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund for Sport, Culture and Recreation: (1) Sask Sport Inc. - Link (2) SaskCulture Inc. - Link (3) Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association Inc. (S.P.R.A) - Link
- Hepburn is located in the **Lakeland District for Sport, Recreation, & Culture.
Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board exists to promote a sense of community by coordinating wholesome, positive events, and programs that will bring all members of our community together.
- To provide community wide activities at least three times a year.
- To keep the community informed about events and programs through a newsletter.
- To encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for the members of our community.
- To provide support to organizations within our community.
- To promote intentional networking and communication between existing organizations.
Chairperson: Jennifer Beaumont-Becker
Members: Ken Jeschke (Town Council Rep), Sheldon Willems (RM of Laird Rep), Doug Peters (Parks & Green Space Rep), Kim Poulsen, Troy Prosofsky, Cheryl Reddekopp (Treasurer), Lisa Braun (Secretary & Community Coordinator), Tim Baerwald. Meeting Date: 2nd or 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00pm
A to Z
- A - Art on Main – a free, all ages, community art event. Usually Late Summer Dates. Last one August 29th.
- B – Babysitting Course – Jennifer Becker. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org. Usually in October and March.
- B – Ball – For Kids - watch for updates for 2021. Contact Email: email@example.com.
- C – Community Grants – Parks and Rec supervises the distribution and allocation of Sask Community Lottery funds to Hepburn’s community groups. We receive funds based on our town population plus the RM allocated population. $9800 was distributed to community groups in early August of this year!
- F – Funding. KidSport. Apply for Funding. Creative Kids. http://www.creativekidssask.ca
- F – First Aid/CPR Course – Chris Becker/Sharalife. Watch for upcoming dates. Next dates TBA.
- G – Garden Tour - Thanks for those who participated in 2019.
- J – June is Recreation & Parks Month. Did you know that Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association declares June Recreation & Parks Month? Celebrate the return of summer programming, gather residents together, get children involved in fun outdoor physical activities, and recognize employees and volunteers who contribute to the recreation and parks opportunities that we all use! Not available in 2020.
- J – Jumpstart – Canadian Tire charity – giving kids a sporting chance & getting kids in the game since 2005. http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/ You can apply for funding (as individual/family or as a group/organization or make a donation.
- N – National Volunteer Week - Celebrate VOLUNTEERS in April. *Remember to nominate a volunteer of the year in May (awarded Fair Days), and citizen of the year in February (awarded Winter Festival).
- S – Slo-Pitch – Get your Spitz and lawn chairs, and watch co-ed adult slo-pitch evenings during May and June. View here: Hepburn Ball League Schedule. If you are interested in getting on a team, or putting in a team next year, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org Fees $200/team in 2018. At Hepburn Ball Diamond, at northeast side of town. Click here to view the League Rules: Hepburn Slo-Pitch Rules. Click here to view the League Schedule: TBC
- V – Volunteer Awards: Hepburn presents two awards annually. Volunteer of the Year Award: 2017 – Gil and Shelley Dueck. 2018 – Janet Hamilton. 2019 - Teddi Dear. 2020 - Jennifer Beaumont-Becker. Citizen of the Year Award: 2017 – Rob and Kim Bushman. 2018 – Tim and Neysa Wall. 2019 - Erica Baerwald. 2020 - Jesse and Joy Nokinsky.
- V – Volunteering Opportunities: https://hepburn.ca/living_here/volunteer_opportunities.html
- Light Up Hepburn Nomination Form - from Nov 24 to Dec 13. Presented at Hepburn School Concert, Dec.
- Citizen of the Year Nomination Form – due Feb 1. Presented at Winter Festival, March.
- Volunteer of the Year Award Form – due May 1. Presented at Fair Days, June.
- Community Lottery Grant Application Form - coming soon.
- Community Lottery Grant Report Form - coming soon.
- Creative Kids Funding Application Form – http://www.creativekidssask.ca/content/file/Creative_Kids_application_July_2017_Lakeland.pdf
- Kidsport Funding Application Form – http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/saskatchewan/