Parks and Recreation Board
(Last updated: June 4, 2021)
*Your Census Matters to Us! Did you know that census numbers are used to calculate Grant Funding to our community?
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board communicates weekly through Facebook: www.facebook.com/HepburnParksAndRec/
- The Board also communicates through the Howler.
- Parks and Recreation programming and activities are under the umbrella of the Board. Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board is made up of 9 members who represent Town Council, R.M. of Laird, and other community members.
- Current town population (688) plus current R.M. district (526) has our population at 1214 people? (Canadian Census, 2016). What will our population be by the next census in 2021? Submit your guess to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporter of the Framework for Recreation in Canada (2015).
Supported by the Tri-Global Partnership of Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund for Sport, Culture and Recreation (since 1974) to grant funds to eligible, non-profit volunteer organizations in the areas of sport, culture and recreation, in 9 Sport, Culture and Recreation Districts. Partners are: (1) Sask Sport: Link (2) SaskCulture: Link (3) Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA): Link
Proud member of the Lakeland District for Sport, Recreation, & Culture.
Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board exists to promote a sense of community by coordinating wholesome, positive events, and programs that will bring all members of our community together.
- To provide community wide activities at least three times a year.
- To keep the community informed about events and programs through a newsletter.
- To encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for the members of our community.
- To provide support to organizations within our community.
- To promote intentional networking and communication between existing organizations.
Chairperson: Jennifer Beaumont-Becker
Members: Andrew Berg (Town Council Rep), Sheldon Willems (RM of Laird Rep), Doug Peters (Parks & Green Space Rep), Kim Poulsen, Troy Prosofsky, Cheryl Reddekopp (Treasurer), Lisa Braun (Secretary & Community Coordinator), Tim Baerwald.
Meeting Date: 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00pm
A to Z
- A - Art on Main – a free, all ages, community art event. Usually Late Summer Dates. Last one August 29th.
- B – Ball – For Kids - watch for updates for 2021. Contact Email: email@example.com.
- F – Funding. KidSport. Apply for Funding. Creative Kids. http://www.creativekidssask.ca
- F – First Aid/CPR Course – Chris Becker/Sharalife. Watch for upcoming dates. Next dates TBA.
- G – Garden Tour - Thanks for those who participated in 2019.
- J – June is Recreation & Parks Month. Did you know that Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association declares June Recreation & Parks Month? Celebrate the return of summer programming, gather residents together, get children involved in fun outdoor physical activities, and recognize employees and volunteers who contribute to the recreation and parks opportunities that we all use! Not available in 2020.
- J – Jumpstart – Canadian Tire charity – giving kids a sporting chance & getting kids in the game since 2005. http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/ You can apply for funding (as individual/family or as a group/organization or make a donation.
- S – Slo-Pitch – Get your Spitz and lawn chairs, and watch co-ed adult slo-pitch evenings during May and June. View here: Hepburn Ball League Schedule. If you are interested in getting on a team, or putting in a team next year, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org Fees $200/team in 2018. At Hepburn Ball Diamond, at northeast side of town. Click here to view the League Rules: Hepburn Slo-Pitch Rules. Click here to view the League Schedule: TBC
- V – Volunteering Opportunities: https://hepburn.ca/living_here/volunteer_opportunities.html