Parks and Recreation Board
(Last updated: September 6, 2021)
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board serves the current town population of 688. The board has 7 members who are town residents.
- The Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board serves an additional 526 residents from the R.M. of Laird. The board has 2 members who are R.M. residents.
- TOTAL!! That's a total of 1214 people (Canadian Census, 2016). What will our population be by the next census in 2021? Submit your guess to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow the Board on Facebook: www.facebook.com/HepburnParksAndRec/ and through the monthly Hepburn Howler newsletter.
- Parks and Recreation programming and activities are under the umbrella of the Board. Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board is made up of 9 members who represent Town Council, R.M. of Laird, and other community members.
- Supporter of the Framework for Recreation in Canada (2015).
Proud member of the Lakeland District for Sport, Recreation, & Culture.
Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board exists to promote a sense of community by coordinating wholesome, positive events, and programs that will bring all members of our community together.
- To provide community wide activities at least three times a year.
- To keep the community informed about events and programs through a newsletter.
- To encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for the members of our community.
- To provide support to organizations within our community.
- To promote intentional networking and communication between existing organizations.
Chairperson: Jennifer Beaumont-Becker
Members: Andrew Berg (Town Council Rep), Sheldon Willems (RM of Laird Rep), Doug Peters (Parks & Green Space Rep), Kim Poulsen, Troy Prosofsky, Cheryl Reddekopp (Treasurer), Lisa Braun (Secretary & Community Coordinator), Tim Baerwald.
Meeting Date: 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00pm
Feedback: Residents of Town and R.M. are welcome to submit input in writing to email@example.com. Residents and/or community groups may request to be a delegation at monthly meeting by inquiring by the 1st Friday of each month.