Hepburn & District Parks & Recreation Board
(Last updated: December 6, 2023)
Did You Know?
- Want to Volunteer? Click Here for Application Form: Form!
- Want to Join a Subcommittee of the Board? Click Here for Application Form: https://forms.gle/qNzzZVkgcxCHeJZK8
- Parks & Recreation related programs and activities are under the umbrella of the Board. Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board is made up of 9 members who represent Town Council, R.M. of Laird, and other community members. The Board serves the current town population of 784 (Canadian Census, 2021) and the R.M. of Laird district up to about 500+ more residents.
- Hepburn P&R Facebook: www.facebook.com/HepburnParksAndRec/
- Hepburn Howler Page 2: monthly newsletter - https://www.hepburn.ca/governance/newsletters.html
- Sask Community Lottery Funding: *Application Form Here. Due March 31, 2024. Applications NOW CLOSED. *Follow Up Report Form Here. Form with All Receipts - Due June 1, 2024. To book an appointment for assistance with your application, please email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org - Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday daytimes.
Purpose & Goals
The Board exists to promote a sense of community by coordinating wholesome, positive events, and programs that will bring all members of our community together.
- To provide community wide activities at least three times a year.
- To keep the community informed about events and programs through a newsletter.
- To encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for the members of our community.
- To provide support to organizations within our community.
- To promote intentional networking and communication between existing organizations.
Parks & Recreation Board Members
- Members: Craig Pitcher (Chair), Craig Kosowan (Town Council Rep), Sheldon Willems (RM of Laird Rep), Kaelan Wall (Vice Chair), Lisa Braun (Secretary & Community Coordinator), Johannes Schauss (Treasurer), Emily Cameron (Member at Large), Amanda Bruneau (Member at Large), Jesse Neary (Member at Large).
- Thanks to outgoing members: Troy Prosofsky has completed 1 year as chair, and 8 years+ as a member (October 2023). Doug Peters has completed 9 years+ as a member, and 2 years as a Centennial Park Project Subcommittee member (October 2023). Andrew Berg served 2 years as Town Council Rep (July 2023).
- Meeting Date: Generally the Monday of the week before Town Council meeting, at 7:00pm
- Feedback: Residents of Town and R.M. are welcome to submit input in writing to email@example.com. Residents and/or community groups may request to be a delegation at monthly meeting by inquiring by the 1st Thursday of each month.
- Submissions: Residents and groups are welcome to submit items for the monthly newsletter called The Hepburn Howler. Email request by the last Monday of the month to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beach Volleyball: Volunteers are welcome to inquire. Spring/Summer.
- Crokicurl: On Pause. Volunteers are welcome to inquire.
- Disc Golf: Emily Cameron, Lisa Braun. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Into the Elements Outdoor Program: Lisa Braun, Jennifer Beaumont-Becker. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Parent & Tot Playtime: Lisa Braun. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Fundraising: Ashton Prescott/Sarah Sims (Heritage Common), Lisa Braun (lead), Tasha Nett, Trevor Bueckert. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Youth Programs / Youth Advisory Council: Lisa Braun (lead), Hepburn School Student Representative Council (SRC) members. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Communities in Bloom: Lisa Braun (lead), Barb Adams-Eichendorf (Main Street Florals). Town membership since 2021. A cooperative effort of many groups. Volunteers are welcome to join this team.
- Summer Programs: TBA. Lisa Braun (liaison), Hepburn Childcare Hub (lead). Watch for news in this area for Summer 2024.
- Reconciliation: Erica Baerwald (Town Council Rep to PRRC), Ashton Prescott/Sarah Sims (Heritage Common), Lisa Braun, Jennifer Baetz. Volunteers are welcome to join this team. Prairie Rivers Reconciliation Committee: Facebook.
- Homeschool Gym Times: Lisa Braun (lead). Currently Tuesdays 1-3pm, or by booking an appointment.
- NEW: Community Gardens Project: Leanne Thiessen (lead), Lisa Braun (liaison), Jackie Hutchinson, Mari Schelleberg, Emily Cameron, Others To Be Confirmed.
- NEW: Twin Rivers Slopitch League: Lisa Braun (liaison), League Coordinator. More details to come - teams from Waldheim, Laird, Hepburn, and Rosthern. Contact Lisa to enter a team, or join a team.
- Supporter of the Framework for Recreation in Canada (2015).
- Supported by Tri-Global Partnership of Saskatchewan - (1) Sask Sport: Link; (2) SaskCulture: Link; & (3) Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation Association (SPRA): Link
- Member of Lakeland District for Sport, Culture, & Recreation (LDSCR).
- Member of Heritage Saskatchewan.
- Member of Communities in Bloom (CIB).
- Member of Saskatchewan Association of Recreation Professionals (SARP).
- Member of Prairie Rivers Reconciliation Committee (PRRC).