Parks & Green Spaces
(Last updated: March 22, 2021)
- CROKICURL: Open while the ice lasts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book, or stop by the office during office hours to sign out a key. Main Street Lot, located at the corner of 1st Street East and Main Street. This is the current location for flag poles, flower beds, digital sign, and Crokicurl ice surface (in season). Please practice social distancing when walking through this area.
- LITTLE PARK: We encourage park users to bring a "Park Bag" with your own wipes, hand sanitizer, bug spray, sunscreen, and other needed items. We encourage supervision of your children on the playground to encourage social spacing and cleanliness. Little Park, located at corner of 2nd Street East and 1st Avenue South. Community use for younger children is the typical usage for this park. This park has not normally been booked for private events.
- LITTLE FREE LIBRARY: There are 3 benches, 1 garbage bin, and a beautiful sheltered area for enjoying your book selection. Located at the end of Main Street, and Railway Street.
- BALL DIAMONDS/BALL DIAMOND PARK AREA: To book a ball box key to access equipment, contact the office. Ball Diamond / Ball Diamond Park, located at northeast corner of town, at corner of 3rd Avenue North and RR#3060. Fair Days events are often located at this site, including Spring Adult Ball League, Summer Adult Ball Tournament, Minor Ball teams, and private bookings.
- CENTENNIAL STATION: The new gazebo will be available for bookings in spring. Watch for procedures and forms coming soon. Inquiries: Email email@example.com. Google Calendar to come soon!
- MUSEUM GROUNDS: Contact The Museum Board and also Town Office for inquiries about bookings. Museum Grounds, located at end of Main Street, including trailhead seating area and little free library. Museum buildings are closed at this time.
- RE-OPEN SASK UPDATES: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/
- INPUT WELCOME: Hepburn Parks and Recreation Board has been reviewing current spaces that the Town owns and uses for activities year-round. We are open to input about how we use these spaces and other community spaces for events, programs, and ideas.
CENTENNIAL PARK PROJECT PROGRESS:
- WATCH FOR MORE DETAILS about Hepburn Centennial Park project details and photos on facebook.
- Key Partners So Far: Hepburn Museum of Wheat Board, Hepburn Parks & Recreation Board, Hepburn Green Space Committee, Town Council, Hepburn Coop Board Legacy Donation, Heritage Canada Grant, & More Names to Come.
- Key Vendors So Far: Matrix Construction, Lyndell Concrete Supply, Warren Jeschke Custom Woodworking, Zak's Home Hardware, Emerald Electric, Cal Signs & Designs, Madera, & more information to come.
- CHARITABLE DONATION RECEIPTS: Donations of $20 or more are eligible for a donation receipt. Make payments to TOWN OF HEPBURN, and an official receipt can be issued to you. Contact Lisa at the office.