Parks & Green Spaces
(Last updated: July 3, 2020)
LITTLE PARK IS OPEN! Town of Hepburn has SIGNAGE in place as of Friday June 12th morning. Please follow the guidelines posted at the Little Park. Note: the PortaPotty has been removed, so plan accordingly. We encourage users to bring a "Park Bag" with your own wipes, hand sanitizer, bug spray, sunscreen, and other needed items. We encourage supervision of your children on the playground to encourage social spacing and cleanliness. We have not heard what the Prairie Spirit School Division has decided about their school parks and signage. Please refer your questions to their office.
*UPDATED Govt of Sask Link: This link includes multiple outdoor recreation related information. https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/health-care-administration-and-provider-resources/treatment-procedures-and-guidelines/emerging-public-health-issues/2019-novel-coronavirus/re-open-saskatchewan-plan/guidelines/outdoor-recreation-guidelines
PARK PROJECT PROGRESS:
- Work on the HEPBURN CENTENNIAL PARK PROJECT began May 14th. Thanks to Matrix Construction for stage one of preparations for sidewalk and gazebo concrete.
- Concrete work by Lyndell Concrete Supply (from Hague) and Matrix Construction was completed on May 22nd. Please remind members of your household to stay clear of the work site. Thanks for your cooperation.
- Next Up - Gazebo Construction is coming soon.
- WATCH FOR MORE DETAILS about Hepburn Centennial Park project details and photos on facebook.
- Key Partners So Far: Hepburn Museum of Wheat Board, Hepburn Parks & Recreation Board, Hepburn Green Space Committee, Town Council, Hepburn Coop Board Legacy Donation, Heritage Canada Grant, & More Names to Come.
- Key Vendors So Far: Matrix Construction, Lyndell Concrete Supply, Warren Jeschke Custom Woodworking, Zak's Home Hardware, & more information to come.
PARK PROJECT FUNDRAISERS:
- Vesey Seed Fundraiser Campaign is going on from March 4 to May 29, 2020. DEADLINE EXTENDED to May 29, 2020: Pick up a catalogue and order form from Post Office display rack, email to request one from Town Office, or contact Wendy Featherstone. You can use the after hours drop box to leave your order (label clearly in a sealed envelope). Funds go towards the Hepburn Centennial Park (see INSERT that was in your mailbox with March Howler!).
- CHARITABLE DONATION RECEIPTS: Donations of $20 or more are eligible for a donation receipt. Make payments to TOWN OF HEPBURN, and an official receipt can be issued to you. Contact Lisa at the office.
- OTHER EVENTS AND INITIATIVES: In process. Watch for updates.
- Hepburn Parks and Recreation Board has been reviewing current spaces that the Town owns and uses for activities year-round. We are open to input about how we use these spaces and other community spaces for events, programs, and ideas.
- If you are interested in booking any of these spaces for an event, contact the office to get more information. CURRENTLY CLOSED TO BOOKINGS DUE TO COVID-19. Watch for updates.
- Current Spaces are listed below:
- Little Park, located at corner of 2nd Street East and 1st Avenue South. Community use for younger children is the typical usage for this park. OPEN as of Friday, June 12th.
- Ball Diamond / Ball Diamond Park, located at northeast corner of town, at corner of 3rd Avenue North and RR#3060. Fair Days events are often located at this site, including Spring Adult Ball League, Summer Adult Ball Tournament, Minor Ball teams, and private bookings. OPEN as of Monday, June 22nd.
- Museum Grounds, located at end of Main Street, including trailhead seating area and little free library. Museum buildings are closed at this time. Please practice social distancing when walking through this area and on these trails. BUILDINGS CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19. *Parks & Campgrounds Open June 1st.
- Main Street Lot, located at the corner of 1st Street East and Main Street. This is the current location for flag poles, flower beds, digital sign, and Crokicurl ice surface (in season). Please practice social distancing when walking through this area. CROKICURL CLOSED FOR THE SEASON - watch for December 2020 plans/events.