(Last updated: March 18, 2020)
*NOTICE - In response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus: the Arena is CLOSED until further notice.
Hepburn & District Arena welcomes rentals from the local and surrounding areas.
Arena Facility: (306) 947-2173
- Arena Ice Rentals: Arena Rentals Closed for the Season. Check the calendar for up to date information about available times and contact us by email or phone to book a time. Groups are requested to send in a completed rental form with contact information.
- Calendar: No Arena Events effective March 14, 2020. This will be re-evaluated March 28, 2020. This calendar is updated daily in peak season. If you have questions, please contact us. Click here to view Arena Calendar
- Forms and Documents: Click here for: Arena Rental Form, Tournament Rental Form, & Policy & Procedure Manual
- Lobby Rentals: Lobby Rentals Closed for the Season. To book the lobby in peak season or during the off season, contact Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minor Hockey Schedules - Tuesday and Thursday Games - Initiation Team and Novice Team
- Senior Hockey Schedules - posted at the Arena - Silver Hawks Team (Mon and Thur) and Thrashers Team (Tue and Fri)
- *Community Clothes Swap Day & Doughnut Fundraiser - Saturday, October 5, 2019
- *Opening Minor Hockey Game - Thursday, December 5, 2019
- *Christmas Break Week - Saturday, December 21 to Sunday, January 5, 2020 - public skating 1.30-4.30pm
- *New Years Eve Event - Tuesday, December 31, 4.00pm to 1.00am - watch for more details
- *Minor Hockey Tournament - INITIATION - Saturday, January 18, 2020
- *Jason Peterson Memorial Tournament - Saturday, February 1, 2020
- *NEW: Hepburn School SRC Winter Fest Event - Friday, February 7, 2020, 12.30pm-3.00pm
- *NEW: Broomball for Adults and Youth - Sunday, February 9, 2020, 4.30-6.30pm
- Valentine's Hockey Night in Hepburn - Thursday, February 13, 2020 - more details coming
- NEW: Valentine's Event - Friday, February 14, 2020 - details coming
- Winter Break Week - Saturday, February 15 to Friday, February 21 - public skating 1.30-4.30pm
- Minor Hockey Tournament - NOVICE - Saturday, February 22, 2020
- Athletes in Action Sask Shinny 3 on 3 Tourney Event - February 29, 2020 - 11.00am to 3.00pm. **Contact Alvin at 306-491-2628 or email@example.com to REGISTER
- NEW: Leap Year Late Night Skate - February 29, 2020 - 8.45pm and onward. For youth grades 7 and up. By Parks and Rec.
- Winter Festival - March 6-8, 2020
- Figure Skating Carnival - March 8, 2020
- Hockey Draft Night & Social - Saturday April 4, 2020
- Clean-up Day / Garage Sale Day - Saturday, May 23, 2020
- Fair Days Weekend - June 19-21, 2020
- Athletes in Action Soccer Camp - Summer 2020
- Ice-making Help - November to December - contact Tim to help with flooding and line painting.
- Concession Booth Help - contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list for working in the booth (front counter, grill, fryer, etc) - December to March - contact a community group or the office.
- Special Events Help - contact Lisa at email@example.com to get on the list. We encourage volunteers to complete "Special Occasion Responsible Service Course" (From SLGA).
- Other Projects as needed.
Public Skating Schedule
Public Skating is provided free of charge to the community of Hepburn & District by our community sponsors. There is usually half ice for free skating and half ice for shinny. Helmets are required for all skaters under 18 years of age. Free helmets and skates for use during these times.
- Saturdays 1:30-4:30pm - dependent on rental schedules, hosted by Volunteers
- Sundays 1:30-4:30pm - dependent on rental schedules, hosted by Staff
- Holiday Breaks 1:30-4:30pm - hosted by Volunteers (December Break & February Break) - Closed Stat Holidays
Arena Signage Sponsors are always welcome. Feel free to recommend a business. These sponsorships from local and area businesses are welcome to support the ongoing arena operation, maintenance, and improvements. Local Sponsor Rate is $200/year. Corporate Sponsor Rate is $500/year.
NEW: Public Skating Sponsors are welcome to inquire with the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to recommend a business. Price $300/month, Dec through March available to sponsor.
Thank you to all our Arena Sponsors!
- Access Communications
- Affinity Credit Union
- Bethany College / THRIVE Discipleship Program
- Coop (Saskatoon / Hepburn)
- Cuts and Curls
- Emerald Electric
- Geransky Brothers Construction - New for 2019-2020
- Hepburn Agencies
- Hepburn Poultry
- Lepp's Seeds
- Matrix Construction
- Mission Zero
- My Mutual Insurance
- Smokehaus Meats
- Subway (Hague)
PUBLIC SKATING SPONSORS:
- Hepburn Parks and Recreation
- Town of Hepburn
Improvements & Plans
Work is being done each year to improve our facility, and accomplish various "green" initiatives.
RECENT ARENA IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS include the following:
- Lighting improvements by Emerald Electric.
- Deep Fryer & Range Hood Installation by KC Plumbing & Heating.
- Boards and Ramps by 442 Construction.
- Kitchen Range Hood by Redberry Bible Camp.
- Zamboni Propane by Saskatoon Coop (Hepburn Branch).
- Soffit/Fascia by Jade Construction.
- Equipment Storage for Skates/Helmets by Arena Staff.
- Lobby Furniture by Subway/Janzen Family.
- Showers Installation by KC Plumbing & Heating.
ONGOING WORK PROJECTS include the following:
- Shower Project
- Lobby Improvements
- Concession Area Improvements
- Sound/Tech Improvements, Wireless Microphone Unit
- Small Dressing Room Project
- Displays - Bulletin Boards, and Display/Trophy Case Expansion.
- FUTURE IMPROVEMENTS: If you have input on arena improvement, please contact the office at email@example.com.