Centennial Station Gazebo
(Last updated: November 14, 2022).
*Congratulations Centennial Park Project Wins Award - Sask Parks & Open Spaces Award for 2021!
*View all 2021 SPRA Recognition Awards: https://www.spra.sk.ca/programs-services/awards/
*View Hepburn's Award for 2021 Parks & Open Spaces: https://youtu.be/kJAnLTrGneQ
*Congratulations Museum of Wheat on another great season May-September 2022. Now closed until spring 2023, May Long Weekend.
*Trails: Enjoy the snowy trails all winter long - with snow shoes, cross country skis, back country skis, or maybe even fat bikes! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign out snowshoes. Watch for Winter Festival snow activities on March 4, 2023.
Centennial Station Gazebo, the newest addition to the Museum of Wheat grounds has all the charm and nostalgia of a train station found on the prairies when trains were a main form of transportation. Step onto the boardwalk and travel back in time. You can almost hear the train rolling down the track and the voices of excited family welcoming their loved ones home. Bring your picnic basket, enjoy the charm, and let your imagination take you on a journey.
The construction of Centennial Station Gazebo was made possible by legacy grants from the Hepburn Co-op Board and Department of Canadian Heritage, as well as community member donations and fundraisers. Thank you to Matrix Constuction for the concrete work, Warren Jeschke Custom Woodworking for the design and construction, Cori Ann Lund of Cal's Signs & Designs for signage, and the many volunteers who came out to help bring this project to life. The Grand Opening of the Centennial Park Project, including the Centennial Station Gazebo, was held on Saturday, September 11, 2021.
Museum of Wheat Board - contact Simon Loewen, Board Chair, for more information at email@example.com.
The Hepburn Centennial Station Gazebo is intended for public use. Users are expected to abide by the following guidelines to help maintain this beautiful facility, so all residents can enjoy this space year-round for many years to come.
- First come, first serve.
- No littering.
- No fires.
- No overnight stays.
- No use of tacks or tape on the building.
- If signage is required, please do not affix to the building.
- No driving or parking on the grass. Parking areas are designated at Railway Street parking lot, West Railway Street parking lot, and angle parking along Main Street.
- Clean up all items, and wipe tables.
- Alcohol and smoking are not permitted.
- Includes electrical outlets, garbage bins, picnic tables, and access to window tarps for large events, upon request.
- The gazebo will be available first come, first serve.
- If you wish to have this space for a specific event, you can post a sign to alert the community (e.g. wedding, family gathering, etc).
Parking is available along Railway Street lot, West Railway Street lot, and angle parking on Main Street. Contact the Museum Board and also Town Office for inquiries about larger bookings and tours. This site includes museum, annex, agent office, signage, implement row, windwill, schoolhouse, and NEW self-guided historical signs.
Thank you for your participation in keeping this space beautiful and usable by everyone.