TOWN OFFICE UPDATES (May 22, 2020):
1. STREET SWEEPING: Sweeping is scheduled for Monday, May 25th, beginning at 7.00am. Please ensure all your vehicles are moved off the street and onto your property/driveways before this time. Remind your friends and neighbours if you notice vehicles out on Sunday evening!
2. GARAGE/YARD SALES: Motion of Council: "That Council prohibit all garage sales and yard sales within town limits in response to the COVID-19 pandemic until further notice, as the restrictions outlined in the Public Health Order continue to be in effect, and garage sales provide minimal control to reduce the transmission of this disease, such as proper social distancing between people, as well as proper cleaning and sanitization measures." (NOTE: Hepburn Swap & Shop Page and Buy Nothing Hepburn Area Page continue to be a good alternatives for residents, using contactless pickup and dropoffs).
3. BULK WATER: The card trap at the station has been replaced. Please report any issues that you have at the water station by phone 306-947-2170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. PEDESTRIAN & BIKE SAFETY: A reminder to all residents of all ages to travel safely, whether on foot or on wheels. Walkers should be on the left, along the edge of the road/ditch. Cyclers should travel on the right as a vehicle along road. If you are in a group of people, please stay to one side, not on both sides, and avoid travelling down the middle of the road at all times. Talk within your households about being aware and wise, including bike helmet usage.
5. VEHICLE SAFETY: A reminder to all drivers of all ages to drive safely, and refrain from dangerous driving, ie. Main Street stunting and excessive speeds. Residents are reminded that dangerous driving can be reported to the Rosthern RCMP at 306-232-6400. It is helpful if you can report colour, make, &/or license plate of a vehicle. If you do not register an official complaint with the RCMP, there is no record of a complaint.
6. SPRING CLEAN-UP DAY: Save the Date! The town has set a new date for Spring Clean-Up Day - Saturday, June 13. Watch for a mailbox flyer coming out next week with all the details. At Arena Compound. 7.30am-3.30pm. Click here to VIEW the following: (1) Loraas Waste Flyer (RED) here & (2) BN Metal Flyer (GREEN) here.
7. TOWN OFFICE OPENING SOON: The office will be open to the public effective Monday, May 25, 9am-12pm, and 1230-430pm. We are ready with COVID-19 protocols in our workspace.
8. COUNCIL MEETING: Council met Wednesday May 20, and next meeting is Wednesday, June 17. If you have correspondence to send in OR a delegation request, please contact the office on or before Friday June 12. Note: there is also an additional budget meeting scheduled for Thursday, May 28th.
As always, you are welcome to direct your questions to the office at email@example.com, search for info on the website at www.hepburn.ca, and call us at Phone: 306-947-2170 or After Hours Emergency Water / Sewer: 306-947-0000.
NOTICE - The RE-OPEN SASK Plan and Details on Phases can be found here: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/health-care-administration-and-provider-resources/treatment-procedures-and-guidelines/emerging-public-health-issues/2019-novel-coronavirus/re-open-saskatchewan-plan/phases-of-re-open-saskatchewan/