(Last updated: March 18, 2020)
The Town of Hepburn utility billings are processed monthly and include charges for water consumption, sewer, garbage, and infrastructure. The billings go towards the operations and repairs of the water treatment plant, lagoon, and sewer lift stations.
Methods of Payment:
The Town of Hepburn provides the following options of payment:
- Pay at the Town Office during regular business hours.
- Pay by cheque and mail to Box 217, Hepburn, SK S0K 1Z0.
- Pay at your financial institution.
- Pay online or by telephone banking through your financial institution.
- **Seal your payment in an envelope and drop in the "after-hours" slot along the front of the Town Office.
Reading your Utility Billing
How much is a Utility Bill?
The total cost for water/sewer is a fixed monthly charge plus additional consumption charges.
Water Base Charge: $91.33
Water Consumption: $16 minimum for the 1st 1000 gallons ($16 per 1000 gallons there after)
Sewer Fixed Charge: $18.00
Infrastructure Fixed Charge: $3.40
Waste & Recycling: $20
Note: Commercial businesses are charged differently than residential consumers.
How is your Water Bill Calculated?
Water meters measure consumption based on water consumed/gallon. The amount of Water consumption used by your residence is then multiplied by the current water rate.
Am I still charged if I don’t use any water?
There is a minimum charge in order to supply water services to your property even if no water is consumed. This is the fixed charge for the water and sewer system.