Waste & Recycling
(Last updated: March 22, 2022)
Loraas Disposal provides each occupied residence with three 95-us gallon wheeled carts for the collection of waste, recycling & organics. Each cart has a serial number and is assigned to the residence. Do not paint or mark your address on your cart. Vandalized, stolen or damaged carts will be replaced at the resident’s expense. Collection of waste and recycling is alternated on a bi-weekly basis.
“What should I do if my bin wasn’t collected?” Contact the Town Office 306-947-2170 asap. If you think that your street got missed, call the Office right away so they can check with dispatch before the driver leaves town.
For Large Bin Rentals, contact Loraas at 306-242-2300 or http://www.loraas.ca/service-quote/
Household Hazardous Waste Day
YOUR COMMUNITY HHW EVENT WILL BE HELD ON:
Saturday, May 14th, 2022
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Town of Hepburn Public Works Shop, 412 Main St., Hepburn
This event is open to residents of Rosthern, Hague, Waldheim, Hepburn, Duck Lake and the RMs of Duck Lake, Laird and Rosthern. For more information please contact the Twin Rivers Group at 306.981.6527.
All containers must be labelled
*All waste must be from home use*
Household Hazardous Waste events are sponsored by the Twin Rivers Group and will alternate locations each year.
Local retailers may accept specific materials for disposal or recycling during their regular business hours. Visit http://saskwastereduction.ca/ for more information.
Leftover paint and empty paint cans are accepted without charge at all SARCAN recycling depots.
SARCAN recycling depots will accept: household paint, varnishes/urethanes, stains, barn/fence/porch paints, concrete paints, deck/floor paints, Aerosol paints, primers, undercoats, driveway paints and sealers, and block fillers.
Electronics are accepted without charge at all SARCAN recycling depots. Residents and businesses can drop off:
- Desktop and portable computers
- Computer equipment (keyboards, mice, cables and internal components)
- Desktop printers and fax machines, displays (TV’s, computer monitors)
- Audio / video systems (personal or portable, vehicle, home)
- Cellular and Non-cellular telephones
Mennon Waste Transfer Station
For fees, information, hours, & directions, please see the RM of Laird Website
Please note that the Waste Transfer Station is the responsibility of the R.M. of Laird.
Contact the R.M. of Laird for the latest information (306) 945-2133.
- Saturdays – Mennon Waste Transfer Site – April 1st to September 30th: Every Thursday – 12 noon to 8 pm and 1st & 3rd Saturday of the Month – 9 am to 5 pm. See the RM of Laird for information on accepted materials and pricing rates for Town of Hepburn customers: Transfer Waste Site Rates.
- Thursdays – Mennon Waste Transfer Site – April 1st to September 30th: Every Thursday – 12 noon to 8 pm and 1st & 3rd Saturday of the Month – 9 am to 5 pm. See the RM of Laird for information on accepted materials and pricing rates for Town of Hepburn customers: Transfer Waste Site Rates.