Hepburn Centennial Park Project
(Last updated: June 3, 2020)
- LATEST NOTICE (June 3, 2020): "We are very excited for the next steps in the formation of our park. Warren Jeschke has begun work on building the gazebo. Thank you Warren for the time, effort and passion you have put into helping us make our thoughts into a reality. If you are out and about stop by and see the maxing work in progress." (Jennifer Beaumont-Becker). Progress report includes the following:
- Electrical prep work, getting lines marked and ready for electrical meter and hook-up to the gazebo - end of May
- Sidewalk finishing, filling in and levelling along the sidewalk and at the front of the sidewalk - beginning of June
- Gazebo construction begins, work by Warren Jeschke Custom Woodworking - Wednesday June 3 morning
- Light bases and posts installation coming soon, by Greenspace Team members - early June
- May 12, 2020: "A big thank you to our local company Matrix for getting this project started. We appreciate your support - we couldn’t do this without you! They are out on the museum grounds, prepping for the gazebo pad and the sidewalks, and next week the concrete will be poured. The next exciting step after that will be the construction of the gazebo by Warren Jeschke and his crew. When you walk or drive by the Museum of Wheat, please check out this exciting venture for yourselves!" (Jennifer Beaumont-Becker, Green Space Chairperson).
- May 7, 2020: Project Update: "We started the first steps in the Hepburn Centennial Park Project on Thursday, May 7th. Our Green Space Committee staked out the plans for the gazebo, boardwalk, and sidewalk. Along with the help from the Museum of Wheat Committee members, we decided where to put the lights and benches. There was a lot of excitement in the air, and the ideas were flowing. It was a great night of getting things underway. Keep your eyes open for the changes that will be happening during the month of May and beyond!" (Jennifer Beaumont-Becker).
- Hepburn Parks & Green Space Team has been working since fall 2018 as a subcommittee of Town Council, with representatives of Parks and Recreation Board, Museum of Wheat Board, and the community at large.
- The current team is: Jennifer Beaumont-Becker - Chair; Doug Peters - Parks and Rec Rep; Teddi Dear, Museum of Wheat Rep; Andrew Berg - Community Member; and Wendy Featherstone - Community Member.
- Project has been awarded: - $40,000 Legacy Donation from Hepburn Co-op Board of Directors - November 2018 and $55,000 Building Communities through Heritage - Heritage Canada Grant - January 2020.
- FUNDRAISING: Thanks to the community for your support at the Dessert Coffeehouse Fundraiser on January 25, 2020. Vesey Seed Fundraising Campaign - March 4 through May 29, 2020. Thanks for your support. Orders are now closed.
- NEXT UP: Concession Fundraiser - Friday, June 19, 2020. At Fair Days Weekend, at Ball Diamond Park.
- Charitable Receipts are available for donations of $20 or more. Cheques should be made payable to TOWN OF HEPBURN. Contact the office.