Hepburn School Community Council (SCC)
(Last Updated: May 1, 2020).
- SINCE year?
THE PURPOSE OF SCHOOL COMMUNITY COUNCILS IS TO “HELP STRENGTHEN THE CAPACITY OF SCHOOLS TO IMPROVE CHILDREN’S LEARNING” (SSBA HANDBOOK FOR SCHOOL COMMUNITY COUNCILS)
Our HSCC’s vision statement: "Collaborating Together to Create a Community that Inspires Students to Excellence”
- *Latest Notice: Literacy Week – March 19-22. Cancelled?
- AGM: None.
- Description: Hepburn School Community Council consists of Committed Parents, Dedicated School Staff, Engaged Students, Contributory Members of Our Town, Our Wonderful Local Board Member, Our Division Office Learning Superintendent, and Our School Administration Team! We are a diverse, hard-working team of individuals dedicated to various initiatives including: Volunteer Engagement, Healthy Kids, Healthy Families, School Spirit, and Inspiring Excellence. SCC has identified four key initiatives to guide their efforts. (1) Volunteer Engagement – promoting volunteer opportunities and recruiting community members to support Hepburn School. (2) Healthy Kids, Healthy Families – partnering with families to promote mental, emotional, and physical health. (3) School Spirit – encouraging and modeling enthusiastic participation in Hepburn School. (4) Inspiring Excellence – assisting our school in reaching and realizing its full potential. Click here to view more details about HSCC Initiatives.
- Opening Day: Fall. September-June.
- Meetings: Every 6 weeks, at Hepburn School, at 6.00pm
- Members: Kelsie-Lynn Harms (Chair), Karen Bushman, Ron Sigstad (Principal), Marc Normand (Vice Principal), Tammy Selvig (Teacher Rep), Teddi Dear.
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://blogs.spiritsd.ca/hepburn/school-community-council-scc/
- Volunteer Opportunities: See Volunteer Page. Are you interested in joining? We’d love to have you!!! Please contact us for more information and to find out how to get involved! http://blogs.spiritsd.ca/hepburn/school-community-council-scc/