(Last updated: February 22, 2017)
WHAT’S NEW IN HEPBURN:
- Check the Google Calendar to see what events are happening in and around town.
- Visit the Town Office to check out our bulletin boards and pick up The Howler. Read the Latest Howler here.
- Follow the Hepburn Parks and Rec Facebook page to see updates.
- View the Upcoming Events page for a month by month listing.
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES:
*Arena hours are subject to change due to warm weather and ice conditions. Please check Arena Calendar (link above) for latest information, and signs posted on Arena entrance doors.
- Feb 22 No Public Skating Today.
- Feb 23 Public Skating 11am-3pm. Supervisor: Tasha N (11-1), Alvin T (1-3).
Feb 23: Waldheim Atoms (includes Hepburn players) vs Rosthern, in Rosthern, 6.00pm
Feb 23: Provincial PeeWees (includes Hepburn players) vs Shellbrook, in Dalmeny, 7.15pm.
- Feb 24: Public Skating 11am-3pm. Supervisor: Jesse & Joy N.
- Feb 25: Cross-Ice Challenge, 8.00am-1.00pm. Event by Saskatchewan Hockey Association, about 60 registered!! For more info, contact Joy Nokinsky. $10/player. NOTE: Concession Booth has Breakfast Special of Ham, Egg and Cheese on an English Muffin, this will include a hashbrown and coffee/juice for $5.00!
- Feb 25: Public Skating 130-530pm. **VOLUNTEER NEEDED here. Check out Volunteer Opportunities.
- Feb 27: Waldheim Atoms (includes Hepburn players) vs Rosthern, in Waldheim, 6.45pm
- Feb 27: Provincial PeeWees (includes Hepburn players) vs Shellbrook, in Shellbrook, 7.00pm
- Feb 28: Drop-In Fitness Time. 9.00-11.00am, at Bethany Gym. Watch for updates about possible times in March
- Mar 3: Howler Edition #6
- Mar 3-5: Hepburn Winter Festival Weekend, by Parks & Rec, Schedule Outline to Follow.
- Mar 3: Family Movie Night, Bethany Lower Lounge, 7.00pm, Featuring the Movie: TROLLS
- Mar 10-11: Hepburn Hawks Basketball Playoffs, Bethany College. More details to come.
- Winter Festival Draft Schedule Available. Here it is! Subject to change. Final Schedule available Feb 24.
- Property Assessment Update: Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency (SAMA) will be providing updated property assessment information in the coming months. This will occur in all municipalities across the Province. Assessment revaluations are based on a four-year cycle. The 2017 revaluation will update assessed values to reflect a new base date of January 1, 2015 (i.e., reflect a property’s value as of January 1, 2015). Find out more at www.sama.sk.ca and/or view property assessment information here.
- We Love Volunteers! Don’t know how to get involved? Check out the new webpage called Volunteer Opportunities.
- Arena Bookings: Promote our arena to your friends and family in other communities. Contact Tim at (306) 947-7666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View schedule here – Arena Calendar.
- View procedures and application here – Arena Rental Application Form.
- View rates and guidelines here & below – Arena Policy & Procedure Manual.
- Hourly Rates:
- Local youth teams, clubs or events – $90.00/hour
- Out of area youth teams, clubs or events – $100.00/hour
- Local adult teams, clubs or events – $120.00/hour
- Out of area adult teams, clubs or events – $125.00/hour
- Tournament Rates:
- Youth tournament $800.00 for 12 hr. max.
- Adult tournament $1080.00 for 12 hr. max.
- Other: The arena may be available for rental during non-ice times. Renters are responsible for any damages and cleaning all booked areas of the facility. A $75.00 cleaning deposit is required at time of booking. Lobby and kitchen: $150/day $25/hour. Ice surface area: $600/day.
- Hourly Rates:
- Skate Sharpening Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3.00-10.00pm – Skate Sharpening, $5/pair. Payment in cash please.
- Public Skating Hours: View listing of dates/hours at Upcoming Events and on Arena Calendar. If there is a discrepancy, the Arena Calendar will be considered the most up to date. Sign up to volunteer to supervise a Saturday or a slot during Winter Break!
– Wednesdays from 3.00-5.30pm – staff supervision– Saturdays from 12.00-5.30pm – volunteer supervision, coordinated by Parks & Rec– Sundays 1.30-4.30pm – staff supervision – booth open for hot chocolate and coffee– Holiday Hours – volunteer supervision, coordinated by Parks & Rec (Christmas Break & Winter Break)
Didn’t find what you were looking for? For other information, go to the Town Hall Page.