(Last updated: March 24, 2017)
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN HEPBURN?
- Check the Google Calendar to see what events are happening in and around town.
- Visit the Town Office to check out our bulletin boards and read the Latest Howler here.
- Follow the Hepburn Parks and Rec Facebook page for weekly updates.
- View the Upcoming Events page for a month by month listing.
- Didn’t find what you were looking for? For other information, go to the Town Hall Page.
- *NEW: Museum of Wheat Updates: Annual General Meeting occurred on February 24. The Executive positions were filled as follows: President Diana Stobbe (306-947-4351), Vice-President Teddi Dear – new (306-947-4740), Treasurer Trent Ebach (306-947-2042), and Secretary Karen Tieszen (306-947-4311). Click here to see more info on Museum of Wheat on Parks and Recreation page. Opening Day Info Coming Soon!
- *NEW: Animal Control Bylaw. Town Council reviewed Bylaw 43-2017. For implementation, we will start taking animal registrations any time and have a grace period until the end of May (no registration fee, registration warnings if animal found at large). Other fines are in effect regarding waste, etc. Click here to view the updated Animal Control Bylaw.
- *NEW: Water and Sewer Rates: Town Council reviewed Bylaw 41-2017, a bylaw to set water and wastewater utility rates. New rates will be effective May 1, 2017. Click here to view the Updated Rates for Water and Sewer.
- *NEW: Property Assessment Update: Check your mailbox. Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency (SAMA) has completed updated property assessment information. Assessment revaluations are based on a four-year cycle. The 2017 revaluation updates assessed values to reflect a new base date of January 1, 2015 (i.e., reflect a property’s value as of January 1, 2015). Find out more at www.sama.sk.ca and/or view property assessment information here.
- Fitness Drop-In: Cost is $2/adult, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Bethany Gym, 9.00-10.30am, doors open at 8.55am. Back Door Access, Park along Evergreens. You can walk, run, lift weights, shoot hoops, play badminton, get moving! Self-directed; no leader unless otherwise announced. Questions or input welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org. *Please email LISA to be put on the Email Distribution List for future updates. Last Dates are March 28 and 30.
- Evening Recreation Ideas: More information to come.
- March 24 – No School
- March 25 – Fire and First Responders Fundraiser Supper & Evening, Arena/Bethany, 4pm-12am, see posters around town. Get your tickets!
- March 27 – No School
- *March 28 – Fitness Drop In, 9-1030am – Guest Instructor from SoulPower in Martensville.
- *March 30 – Fitness Drop In, 9-1030am
- March 31 – Hawks Super Hoopers begins, contact Leanne T to register at 306-947-4322 or 306-220-9566
RECENT NOTICES: Notices are moved from here to Town Hall page monthly. Notices are listed here in alphabetical order.
- Citizen of the Year Award: Parks and Rec presented “Citizens of the Year” to Rob and Kim Bushman at the Figure Skating Carnival on Sunday, March 5. See highlights of their involvements here – Citizens of the Year Information. They received an engraved plaque and Hepburn Co-op Gift Cards.
- Complaint Form: If you want to note a concern about bylaws, please use this new form. New Complaint Form.
- Council Delegation Form: If you want to present a delegation to Town Council, please use this new form and submit on or before the second Friday of the month. New Council Delegation Request Form. Delegation Forms Due: April 14. Next Meeting: April 19.
- Closing Day for Arena is March 20. Last Public Skating will be Sunday, March 19, CANCELLED. Make sure to check the Lost and Found box. Clubs, watch for messages from Tim. Events are scheduled for the Lobby – watch for news on these events – March 25, and April 8.
- Nomination Form Available. Please consider nominating a worthy community member for this annual award. It is presented at Fair Days Weekend, scheduled this year for June 16-18, 2017. Print, complete, and submit the Volunteer of the Year Award Form by May 29.
- Parks and Rec Leadership Change: Thank you to Brent Block who has led Parks and Rec for a number of years as chairperson. He submitted his resignation at the March meeting; Jennifer Becker will be taking over as chair effective March 14. Please express your appreciation to Brent for his service to Parks and Rec and this community! One new member is welcome. Contact the office with interest or recommendations.
- Property Assessment Questions: Your updated notice was in the mail this week. Go to http://www.sama.sk.ca/ to find out more about assessment.
- Water Cards: Cards are available at the Town Office. FYI – Truck Fill – $19.50/1,000 gallons.
- Waste & Recycling Calendar: The Collection Schedule 2017 is available here, and also on the Town Hall page if you forget which Friday it is!
- Waste Site Schedule: For fees, info, and directions, click here. Hours October 1 – March 31: Every Thursday: 10:00am – 4.00pm; and 1st and 3rd Saturday: 10:00am – 4:00pm. Note: Switch in hours as of April 1st! Coming soon. Hours April 1 – September 30: Every Thursday: 12:00pm – 8:00pm; and 1st and 3rd Saturday: 9:00am – 5:00pm.