Parks and Recreation
(Last updated: December 7, 2018)
- ARENA RENTALS: To inquire about renting the Hepburn Arena or Lobby, check the calendar before emailing email@example.com. Click here to view Calendar: (LINK COMING). New Arena Calendar Link.
- PUBLIC SKATING: see listing below. You can also view Public Skating on Arena Google Calendar - see link below under ARENA.
- Saturday, Dec 22 - 1:30-4:30pm - Tim Baerwald
- Sunday, Dec 23 - 1:30-4:30pm - Staff
- Monday, Dec 24 - 1:00-4:30pm - Travis and Julie Peters
- ARENA CLOSED - DEC 25-26
- Thursday, Dec 27 - 1:30-4:30pm – Jamie Block
- Friday, Dec 28 - 1:30-4:30pm - Sheldon Willems
- Saturday, Dec 29 - 1:30-4:30pm - Sheldon Willems
- Sunday, Dec 30 - 1:30-4:30pm - Staff
- Monday, Dec 31 - 7:00pm-12:00am - Lisa Braun
- ARENA CLOSED - JAN 1
- Wednesday, Jan 2 - 1:30-4:30pm - Troy Prosofsky
- Thursday, Jan 3 - 1:30-4:30pm - Troy Prosofsky
- Friday, Jan 4 - 1:30-4:30pm - Jennifer Beaumont-Becker
- Saturday, Jan 5 - 1:30-4:30pm – Brenda Fyson
- Sunday, Jan 6 - 1:30-4:30pm - Staff
- NEXT REGULAR MEETING: January 7, 2019, 7:00pm, Hepburn School.
- SAVE THE DATE 2019: June 14-16, 2019 Centennial Celebration!
- Parks & Green Space Subcommittee – Subcommittee includes Jenn Becker, Doug Peters, Teddi Dear, & Andrew Berg. There is a donation jar available for “loose change donations” at the Town Office towards this group’s efforts. Phase One is a Gazebo.
- Centennial Celebration Committee – Committee includes Jeff Peters, Teddi Dear, Tim Baerwald, Janet Hamilton, Wendy Featherstone, Henry Ens, Linda Ens, Lisa Braun.
MORE INFO, A to Z
A – Activity Ideas – Find out more at Saskatchewan In Motion.”Screen Free” Promotion. Planning to #TurnItOff and #TakeItOutside? Download and use the Screen Time & Physical Activity Tracker this spring and summer! Build Your Best Day – http://buildyourbestday.participaction.com/en-ca/schedule/ Check out the interactive guide to “Build Your Best Day”!
A – Art on Main – a free, all ages, community art event.
- September Poster Here: Art on Main Event.
- August Poster Here: Art on Main Event
- Summer 2018 Dates Coming Soon!
B – Babysitting Course – Twice a year. October and March. Generally Saturday, 9am-4pm. Ages 11 and up. Mature 10 year old applicants may be welcome, depending on enrolment numbers.
B – Ball Clinics – 2 Saturdays, June 3 and June 10, 2017. Thanks for all who participated! Click here for more information and registration form. Ball Clinic Registration Form. Contact: Daniella Klassen or Town Office. Thanks Daniella and volunteers for a great experience!
B – Baton Twirling Program – All ages welcome! Chantelle Smith from Hepburn is a certified baton twirling coach and a national/world medalist. She has offered to coach a fall/winter class here in Hepburn at Bethany gym. Your child will be provided a baton to learn the basics of baton twirling! Please contact the town office if you’d be interested in registering your child in this class – firstname.lastname@example.org. November 16th at 5:45pm. Sessions run from November 16/23/30/Dec 7/14/Jan 11/18/25/Feb 1. Thanks for this year’s participants and families for your support!
C – Community Grants – Parks and Rec supervises the distribution and allocation of Sask Community Lottery funds to Hepburn’s community groups. See more info here coming soon. We receive funds for based on our town population and the RM allocated population. $8262 will be distributed to community groups this year! Reports are submitted in June. Funds are distributed in early September.
F – Fitness & Recreation Options – We are looking into evening options for fitness and recreation for adults. If you have suggestions for activities, leaders, or volunteer hosts, let me know. Spring and summer ideas are welcome.
F – Funding.
F – Fundraiser Master Schedule – We are keeping a record of all the fundraisers booked in the community of Hepburn – both for this year, and for events that are ongoing. Please submit details of your event to the Town Office, or call to inquire about what’s already on the schedule. See the page.
G – Garden Tour, Thursday, July 26, meet at 7:00pm at Hepburn MB Church parking lot. To sign up to be a spot on the tour, contact Cathy at 639-916-2220. Watch for future tours. Thanks Cathy!
J – June is Recreation & Parks Month. Live it everyday! Did you know that Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association declares June Recreation & Parks Month? Celebrate the return of summer programming, gather residents together, get children involved in fun outdoor physical activities, and recognize employees and volunteers who contribute to the recreation and parks opportunities that we all use!
M – Meetings – Regular Meetings are First Monday of the Month, 7:00pm. Community input to Parks & Rec Board members is welcome. No meetings in July and August.
N – National Volunteer Week: Celebrate VOLUNTEERS from April 22-28, 2018. *Remember to nominate a volunteer of the year in April (awarded Fair Days), and citizen of the year in February (awarded Winter Festival).
N – Neighbour Nights: Summer event. Poster for 2017. Taking a Break!
P – Photography: Young or experienced photographers are welcome to make submissions. Photo credits will be given. We are looking for photos of: Parade Marshalls, Garage Sale, Fair Days Events, First Crocus, Winter Festival, and Local Scenery. Please include your name and date of photo to the office at email@example.com.
R – REFIT Classes – evenings at Hepburn School, watch for Fall 2018 dates! Contact Lisa Braun at 306-947-2170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructor Saunja Braun from Waldheim.
S – Slo-Pitch – Get your Spitz and lawn chairs, and watch co-ed adult slo-pitch evenings during May and June. View here: Hepburn Ball League Schedule. If you are interested in getting on a team, or putting in a team next year, contact the office at email@example.com Fees $200/team in 2018. At Hepburn Ball Diamond, at northeast side of town. Click here to view the League Rules: Hepburn Slo-Pitch Rules. Click here to view the League Schedule: 2018 Slo-Pitch Schedule.
V – Volunteer Awards:
- Volunteer of the Year Award: 2017 – Gil and Shelley Dueck. 2018 – Janet Hamilton.
- Citizen of the Year Award: 2017 – Rob and Kim Bushman. 2018 – Tim and Neysa Wall.
W – Winter Sport Equipment Exchange at the Arena – contact Tim Harms or a Minor Hockey / Figure Skating Club rep to get access to equipment for free.
Y – Yoga Classes – Classes by Jenn Froess, Instructor from Hepburn. Usually Daytime and Evening Options. At Zoar Church Waldheim. Contact Jenn Froess, Instructor from Hepburn, at 306-947-2424 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Z – ZOOM – 2017 – Bike Rodeo by Rosthern RCMP, Town of Hepburn, in conjunction with Kidventure! Watch for news for 2018.
Hepburn and District Parks and Recreation Board exists to promote a sense of community by coordinating wholesome, positive events, and programs that will bring all members of our community together.
- To provide community wide activities at least three times a year.
- To keep the community informed about events and programs through a newsletter.
- To encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for the members of our community.
- To provide support to organizations within our community.
- To promote intentional networking and communication between existing organizations.
Chairperson: Jennifer Beaumont-Becker
Town Council Representative: Ken Jeschke
RM Representative: Sheldon Willems
Members: Doug Peters (parks and green space rep), Kim Poulsen, Troy Prosofsky, Cheryl Reddekopp (treasurer), Lisa Braun (secretary & community coordinator), Tim Baerwald (centennial celebration rep).
Meeting Date: 1st Monday of each month at 7:00pm, currently rescheduled to 1st Tuesday of each month at 8:00pm.*