Parks and Recreation
(Last updated: August 2, 2019)
Hepburn and District Parks and Recreation Board exists to promote a sense of community by coordinating wholesome, positive events, and programs that will bring all members of our community together.
- To provide community wide activities at least three times a year.
- To keep the community informed about events and programs through a newsletter.
- To encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for the members of our community.
- To provide support to organizations within our community.
- To promote intentional networking and communication between existing organizations.
Chairperson: Jennifer Beaumont-Becker
Town Council Representative: Ken Jeschke
RM Representative: Sheldon Willems
Members: Doug Peters (parks and green space rep), Kim Poulsen, Troy Prosofsky, Cheryl Reddekopp (treasurer), Lisa Braun (secretary & community coordinator), Tim Baerwald (centennial celebration rep).
Meeting Date: 1st Monday of each month at 7:00pm
- NEXT REGULAR MEETING: September 9, at 7:00pm, Hepburn School. The First Tuesday of The Month, generally.
- SAVE THE DATE 2020: Winter Festival March 6-8, 2020 and Fair Days June 19-21, 2020.
- Parks & Green Space Subcommittee – Subcommittee includes Jenn Becker, Doug Peters, Teddi Dear, & Andrew Berg. There is a donation jar available for “loose change donations” at the Town Office towards this group’s efforts. Phase One is a Gazebo.
- Centennial Celebration Committee – Committee includes Jeff Peters, Teddi Dear, Tim Baerwald, Janet Hamilton, Wendy Featherstone, Henry Ens, Linda Ens, Lisa Braun.
*NEW: CITIZEN OF THE YEAR AWARD NOMINATION FORM - This award is handed out annually at the Winter Festival, during the first weekend of March of each year. This award is given to an individual who has made a commitment to bettering our community. This could be in a longtime investment, a significant project, a leadership role, or a quiet steady presence in the community. Nomination forms are due to the office on Friday February 8th. Drop off or email to email@example.com. by Feb 1, 2019. Presented at Winter Festival, March 2019. Click here to view nomination form.
HEPBURN AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM REGISTRATION –Registration Form for 2018-2019.
MINOR HOCKEY REGISTRATION – @ Hepburn School, AGM June 6th. See their facebook page. Hepburn Minor Hockey
PLAYSCHOOL REGISTRATION – @ Playschool, January registration for 3-year old class. See their facebook page. Hepburn Cooperative Playschool.
A to Z
- A – After School Program – At Bethany College Campus. Early Bird Rates are $40/family. Regular Rates for family membership $50/family. Program Begins September 4, 2018.
- A – AIA Soccer Camp – Summer Camp held annually. Dates for 2018 July 23-27. Saskatchewan Camp Registration. Hepburn Contact: Kim B, Hepburn MB Church, at 306-947-2085. AIA SK Contact: Alvin T, at 306-491-2628
- B – Babysitting Course – Babysitting Course Registration Form – Jennifer Becker. Register at Town Office. Next Course March 24, 2018. Babysitting Course Registration Form Spring
- B – Ball – Clinic Registration Form. – June 3, 10, 2017. 10am-12pm for ages 5-8. 1-3pm for ages 9-12. Dates for 2018 under discussion. Ball Clinic Registration Form.
- B – Baton Twirling Program Forms: Program coached by Chantelle Smith. Sessions run Thursdays 6:15-7:15pm, Bethany College Gym, Thur N16/23/30/D7/14/J11/18/25/F1. Click here for all the details: Baton Twirling Info & Registration Forms.
- C- Centre – The Hepburn Centre Rental Form: The Hepburn Centre Rental Policy Form. Call Lydia 306-947-2440 or Jim 306-947-2809 to book.
- F – First Aid/CPR Course – April 9/10 at Hepburn School – Chris Becker/Sharalife. Registration Form 2018. Deadline is March 29. You need to include the email address for your form. 9 participants completed the course. Watch for upcoming dates. Next dates TBA.
- H – Minor Hockey – September 19. Begins Oct. Hepburn Minor Hockey Facebook Page.
- J – Jumpstart – Canadian Tire charity – giving kids a sporting chance & getting kids in the game since 2005. http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/ You can apply for funding (as individual/family or as a group/organization or make a donation.
- P – Playschool – September 7. Begins Sept/Oct. Playschool Registration Form. Playschool Parent Handbook. See website hepburnplayschool.weebly.com.
- R – REFIT Exercise Class – REFIT Waiver & Information Form – for classes held from November 8 to December 6.
- S – School – See School Website for Links and Information: http://blogs.spiritsd.ca/hepburn/. School Volunteer Form: http://blogs.spiritsd.ca/hepburn/school-community-council-scc/
- S – Indoor Soccer Program – Alvin Thielmann. Deadline TBA. Starts November 7 and goes until Apr. Forms available at the Town Office, School, Hepburn MB Church.
MORE INFO, A to Z
A – Activity Ideas – Find out more at Saskatchewan In Motion.”Screen Free” Promotion. Planning to #TurnItOff and #TakeItOutside? Download and use the Screen Time & Physical Activity Tracker this spring and summer! Build Your Best Day – http://buildyourbestday.participaction.com/en-ca/schedule/ Check out the interactive guide to “Build Your Best Day”!
A – Art on Main – a free, all ages, community art event.
- September Poster Here: Art on Main Event.
- August Poster Here: Art on Main Event
- Summer 2018 Dates Coming Soon!
B – Babysitting Course – Twice a year. October and March. Generally Saturday, 9am-4pm. Ages 11 and up. Mature 10 year old applicants may be welcome, depending on enrolment numbers.
B – Ball Clinics – 2 Saturdays, June 3 and June 10, 2017. Thanks for all who participated! Click here for more information and registration form. Ball Clinic Registration Form. Contact: Daniella Klassen or Town Office. Thanks Daniella and volunteers for a great experience!
C – Community Grants – Parks and Rec supervises the distribution and allocation of Sask Community Lottery funds to Hepburn’s community groups. See more info here coming soon. We receive funds for based on our town population and the RM allocated population. $8262 will be distributed to community groups this year! Reports are submitted in June. Funds are distributed in early September.
F – Fitness & Recreation Options – We are looking into evening options for fitness and recreation for adults. If you have suggestions for activities, leaders, or volunteer hosts, let me know. Ideas are welcome.
F – Funding.
F – Fundraiser Master Schedule – We are keeping a record of all the fundraisers booked in the community of Hepburn – both for this year, and for events that are ongoing. Please submit details of your event to the Town Office, or call to inquire about what’s already on the schedule. See the page.
G – Garden Tour, Thanks for those who participated in 2019.
J – June is Recreation & Parks Month. Live it everyday! Did you know that Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association declares June Recreation & Parks Month? Celebrate the return of summer programming, gather residents together, get children involved in fun outdoor physical activities, and recognize employees and volunteers who contribute to the recreation and parks opportunities that we all use!
N – National Volunteer Week: Celebrate VOLUNTEERS in April. *Remember to nominate a volunteer of the year in April (awarded Fair Days), and citizen of the year in February (awarded Winter Festival).
P – Photography: Young or experienced photographers are welcome to make submissions. Photo credits will be given. We are looking for photos of: Parade Marshalls, Garage Sale, Fair Days Events, First Crocus, Winter Festival, and Local Scenery. Please include your name and date of photo to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
R – REFIT Classes – evenings at Hepburn School, watch for dates! Contact Lisa Braun at 306-947-2170 or email email@example.com. Instructor Saunja Braun from Waldheim.
S – Slo-Pitch – Get your Spitz and lawn chairs, and watch co-ed adult slo-pitch evenings during May and June. View here: Hepburn Ball League Schedule. If you are interested in getting on a team, or putting in a team next year, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org Fees $200/team in 2018. At Hepburn Ball Diamond, at northeast side of town. Click here to view the League Rules: Hepburn Slo-Pitch Rules. Click here to view the League Schedule: 2018 Slo-Pitch Schedule.
V – Volunteer Awards:
- Volunteer of the Year Award: 2017 – Gil and Shelley Dueck. 2018 – Janet Hamilton. 2019 - Teddi Dear.
- Citizen of the Year Award: 2017 – Rob and Kim Bushman. 2018 – Tim and Neysa Wall. 2019 - Erica Baerwald.
W – Winter Sport Equipment Exchange at the Arena – contact Tim Harms or a Minor Hockey / Figure Skating Club rep to get access to equipment for free.
Y – Yoga Classes – Classes by Jenn Froess, Instructor from Hepburn. Usually Daytime and Evening Options. At Zoar Church Waldheim. Contact Jenn Froess, Instructor from Hepburn, at 306-947-2424 or email@example.com.
COMMUNITY GROUP FORMS
Bookings for Lobby/Kitchen are available.
Contact: Tim H, at 306-947-7666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hepburn Centennial Bowl
Rental Form Coming Soon.
Bookings for parties, groups, and events are available.
Contact: Janet H, at 306-947-2192.
Rental Form Coming Soon.
Bookings are available.
Contact: Lydia P, at 306-947-2440.
Hepburn MB Church Kidventure
Form Coming Soon.
Programming in Summer, Easter Break, and as advertised.
Summer Dates 2018 – August TBA
Spring Break 2018 – April 3-6.
Contact: Kelsie-Lynn H, at 306-947-2085
Hepburn Minor Hockey
Contact: Minor Hockey Board.
Hepburn Minor Soccer
Contact: Laurel S, at 306-947-4225.
Hepburn Page at Valley Soccer – this is kept up to date with current info.
Fundraiser – Prairie Meats Form – forms due to minor soccer player, board by May 3.
Hepburn Parks and Rec Board
Citizen of the Year Nomination Form – due Feb 1, 2019. Presented at Winter Festival, March 2019.
Volunteer of the Year Award Form – due May 15, 2018. Presented at Fair Days, June 2018.
Contact: Town Office, at 306-947-2170 or Jenn Becker, Chairperson, at 306-947-2470.
Z – ZOOM – Bike Rodeo / Event - TBA.
- Creative Kids Funding Application Form – http://www.creativekidssask.ca/content/file/Creative_Kids_application_July_2017_Lakeland.pdf. Deadline August 18.
- Kidsport Funding Application Form – http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/saskatchewan/