Parks and Recreation
(Last updated: July 3, 2020)
- Find more on the Facebook Page by using the icon located at the top right of the website or at the link here: https://www.facebook.com/HepburnParksAndRec/
- Hepburn Parks and Recreation Board supports the Framework for Recreation in Canada (2015).
DID YOU KNOW??
- Do you know anyone who served as a Parks and Recreation Board member? Send in a name, or a story. We are building a full record of our serving members, and their years of service.
- Parks and Recreation programming and activities are under the umbrella of the Board. Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board is made up of 9 members who represent Town Council, R.M. of Laird, and other community members.
- Did you know that Hepburn's current town population (688) plus current R.M. district (526) has our population at 1214 people? (Canadian Census, 2016).
- What will our population be by the next census? Submit your guess to the office at email@example.com or use the CONTACT US form.
- Saskatchewan Community Lottery Grant Applications are due March 15th. For 2020, The deadline was extended from March 15th to March 20th, 2020. Reports and Receipts are DUE May 15th, 2020. *Funds will be mailed to groups in summer 2020.
- Re-Open Sask Updates here: Phase 4 is underway.
Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board exists to promote a sense of community by coordinating wholesome, positive events, and programs that will bring all members of our community together.
- To provide community wide activities at least three times a year.
- To keep the community informed about events and programs through a newsletter.
- To encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for the members of our community.
- To provide support to organizations within our community.
- To promote intentional networking and communication between existing organizations.
Chairperson: Jennifer Beaumont-Becker
Members: Ken Jeschke (Town Council Rep), Sheldon Willems (RM of Laird Rep), Doug Peters (Parks & Green Space Rep), Kim Poulsen, Troy Prosofsky, Cheryl Reddekopp (Treasurer), Lisa Braun (Secretary & Community Coordinator), Tim Baerwald. Meeting Date: 1st Monday of each month at 7:00pm
- SAVE THE DATE 2020: Winter Festival March 5-7, 2021, Fair Days June 18-21, 2021, and Culture Days September 24-26, 2021
- NEW EVENT: Culture Days September 25-October 25, 2020. Interested in partnering or helping? CONTACT Lisa to sign up for the event committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parks & Green Space Subcommittee – Subcommittee includes Jenn Becker, Doug Peters, Teddi Dear, Andrew Berg, & Wendy Featherstone. *WATCH FOR PROJECT UPDATES in Spring 2020.**
A to Z
- A - Art on Main – a free, all ages, community art event. Usually Summer Dates.
- B – Babysitting Course – Jennifer Becker. Register at Town Office. Next Course Spring. Usually in October and March.
- B – Ball – For Kids - watch for updates for 2021. email@example.com.
- C - CITIZEN OF THE YEAR AWARD - This award is handed out annually at the Winter Festival, during the first weekend of March of each year. This award is given to an individual who has made a commitment to bettering our community. This could be in a longtime investment, a significant project, a leadership role, or a quiet steady presence in the community. Nomination forms are due to the office. Drop off or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. by Feb 1. Presented at Winter Festival, March.
- C – Community Grants – Parks and Rec supervises the distribution and allocation of Sask Community Lottery funds to Hepburn’s community groups. See more info here coming soon. We receive funds for based on our town population and the RM allocated population. $8262 will be distributed to community groups this year! Reports are submitted in June. Funds are distributed in early September.
- F – Funding. KidSport. Apply for Funding. Creative Kids. http://www.creativekidssask.ca
- F – First Aid/CPR Course – Chris Becker/Sharalife. Watch for upcoming dates. Next dates TBA.
- G – Garden Tour, Thanks for those who participated in 2019.
- J – June is Recreation & Parks Month. Live it everyday! Did you know that Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association declares June Recreation & Parks Month? Celebrate the return of summer programming, gather residents together, get children involved in fun outdoor physical activities, and recognize employees and volunteers who contribute to the recreation and parks opportunities that we all use! This grant may not be available this month, but we still hope to promote OUTDOOR ACTIVITY.
- J – Jumpstart – Canadian Tire charity – giving kids a sporting chance & getting kids in the game since 2005. http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/ You can apply for funding (as individual/family or as a group/organization or make a donation.
- N – National Volunteer Week - Celebrate VOLUNTEERS in April. *Remember to nominate a volunteer of the year in April (awarded Fair Days), and citizen of the year in February (awarded Winter Festival). April 19-25, 2020 Theme #CheersToVolunteers
- P – Photography - Young or experienced photographers are welcome to make submissions. Photo credits will be given. We are looking for photos of: Parade Marshalls, Garage Sale, Fair Days Events, First Crocus, Winter Festival, and Local Scenery. Please include your name and date of photo to the office at email@example.com
- R - Recreational Fire Reminders - Please note these rules for: Recreational Fires.
- R – REFIT Classes – evenings at Hepburn School, watch for dates! Contact Lisa Braun at 306-947-2170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructor Saunja Braun from Waldheim. Follow on Facebook - REFIT with Saunja. Wed Evenings 730-830pm at Hepburn School.
- S – School – See School Website for Links and Information: http://blogs.spiritsd.ca/hepburn/. School Volunteer Form: http://blogs.spiritsd.ca/hepburn/school-community-council-scc/
- S – Slo-Pitch – Get your Spitz and lawn chairs, and watch co-ed adult slo-pitch evenings during May and June. View here: Hepburn Ball League Schedule. If you are interested in getting on a team, or putting in a team next year, contact the office at email@example.com Fees $200/team in 2018. At Hepburn Ball Diamond, at northeast side of town. Click here to view the League Rules: Hepburn Slo-Pitch Rules. Click here to view the League Schedule: TBC
- V – Volunteer Awards: Hepburn presents two awards annually. Volunteer of the Year Award: 2017 – Gil and Shelley Dueck. 2018 – Janet Hamilton. 2019 - Teddi Dear. 2020 - TBA. Citizen of the Year Award: 2017 – Rob and Kim Bushman. 2018 – Tim and Neysa Wall. 2019 - Erica Baerwald. 2020 - Jesse and Joy Nokinsky.
- V – Volunteering Opportunities: https://hepburn.ca/living_here/volunteer_opportunities.html
- Light Up Hepburn Nomination Form - from Nov 24 to Dec 13. Presented at Hepburn School Concert, Dec 19.
- Citizen of the Year Nomination Form – due Feb 1. Presented at Winter Festival, March.
- Volunteer of the Year Award Form – due May 11. Presented at Fair Days, June.
- Community Lottery Grant Application Form - coming soon.
- Community Lottery Grant Report Form - coming soon.
- Creative Kids Funding Application Form – http://www.creativekidssask.ca/content/file/Creative_Kids_application_July_2017_Lakeland.pdf. Deadline August 18.
- Event Registration Form - coming soon.
- Kidsport Funding Application Form – http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/saskatchewan/