Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board
(Last updated: March 18, 2020)
DID YOU KNOW??
- Did you know that Hepburn's current town population (688) plus current R.M. district (526) has our population at 1214 people? (Canadian Census Numbers, 2016 census).
- What will our population be by the next census? Submit your guess to the office at email@example.com or use the CONTACT US form.
- Saskatchewan Community Lottery Grant Applications are DUE this week. Deadline extended from March 15th to March 20th, 2020.
Hepburn & District Parks and Recreation Board exists to promote a sense of community by coordinating wholesome, positive events, and programs that will bring all members of our community together.
- To provide community wide activities at least three times a year.
- To keep the community informed about events and programs through a newsletter.
- To encourage an active and healthy lifestyle for the members of our community.
- To provide support to organizations within our community.
- To promote intentional networking and communication between existing organizations.
Chairperson: Jennifer Beaumont-Becker
Town Council Representative: Ken Jeschke
RM Representative: Sheldon Willems
Members: Doug Peters (Parks & Green Space Rep), Kim Poulsen, Troy Prosofsky, Cheryl Reddekopp (Treasurer), Lisa Braun (Secretary & Community Coordinator), Tim Baerwald.
Meeting Date: 1st Monday of each month at 7:00pm
- NEXT REGULAR MEETING: The First Monday of The Month, generally, 7.00pm at Hepburn School.
- SAVE THE DATE 2020: Winter Festival March 6-8, 2020, and Fair Days June 19-21, 2020.
- WATCH FOR NEW EVENT: Culture Days September 25-27, 2020. Interested in partnering or helping? CONTACT Lisa to sign up for the event committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Planning for FRIDAY, September 25th here in town, and encouraging attendance at area events September 26-27.
- Parks & Green Space Subcommittee – Subcommittee includes Jenn Becker, Doug Peters, Teddi Dear, & Andrew Berg. There is a donation jar available for “loose change donations” and Centennial Product sales (while they last) at the Town Office towards this group’s efforts. Phase One is a Gazebo. *Vesey See Fundraiser is going on March 4-April 17, 2020. *WATCH FOR PROJECT UPDATES in Spring 2020.**
- Centennial Celebration Committee – Thanks to the 2019 Centennial Committee, which included Jeff Peters, Teddi Dear, Tim Baerwald, Janet Hamilton, Wendy Featherstone, Henry Ens, Linda Ens, & Lisa Braun.
A to Z
A - AIA Soccer Camp – Summer Camp held annually. July. Hepburn Contact: Kim B, Hepburn MB Church, at 306-947-2085. AIA SK Contact: Alvin T, at 306-491-2628
A - Art on Main – a free, all ages, community art event.
B – Babysitting Course – Jennifer Becker. Register at Town Office. Next Course Spring. Usually in October and March.
B – Ball – For Kids - watch for updates.
C- CITIZEN OF THE YEAR AWARD NOMINATION FORM - This award is handed out annually at the Winter Festival, during the first weekend of March of each year. This award is given to an individual who has made a commitment to bettering our community. This could be in a longtime investment, a significant project, a leadership role, or a quiet steady presence in the community. Nomination forms are due to the office. Drop off or email to email@example.com. by Feb 1. Presented at Winter Festival, March. Click here to view nomination form.
C – Community Grants – Parks and Rec supervises the distribution and allocation of Sask Community Lottery funds to Hepburn’s community groups. See more info here coming soon. We receive funds for based on our town population and the RM allocated population. $8262 will be distributed to community groups this year! Reports are submitted in June. Funds are distributed in early September.
F – Funding.
F – Fundraiser Master Schedule – We are keeping a record of all the fundraisers booked in the community of Hepburn – both for this year, and for events that are ongoing. Please submit details of your event to the Town Office, or call to inquire about what’s already on the schedule. See the page.
F – First Aid/CPR Course – Chris Becker/Sharalife. Watch for upcoming dates. Next dates TBA.
G – Garden Tour, Thanks for those who participated in 2019.
J – June is Recreation & Parks Month. Live it everyday! Did you know that Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association declares June Recreation & Parks Month? Celebrate the return of summer programming, gather residents together, get children involved in fun outdoor physical activities, and recognize employees and volunteers who contribute to the recreation and parks opportunities that we all use!
J– Jumpstart – Canadian Tire charity – giving kids a sporting chance & getting kids in the game since 2005. http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/ You can apply for funding (as individual/family or as a group/organization or make a donation.
N – National Volunteer Week: Celebrate VOLUNTEERS in April. *Remember to nominate a volunteer of the year in April (awarded Fair Days), and citizen of the year in February (awarded Winter Festival).
P – Photography: Young or experienced photographers are welcome to make submissions. Photo credits will be given. We are looking for photos of: Parade Marshalls, Garage Sale, Fair Days Events, First Crocus, Winter Festival, and Local Scenery. Please include your name and date of photo to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
R – REFIT Exercise Class – Follow on Facebook - REFIT with Saunja. Wed Evenings 730-830pm at Hepburn School.
S – School – See School Website for Links and Information: http://blogs.spiritsd.ca/hepburn/. School Volunteer Form: http://blogs.spiritsd.ca/hepburn/school-community-council-scc/
R – REFIT Classes – evenings at Hepburn School, watch for dates! Contact Lisa Braun at 306-947-2170 or email email@example.com. Instructor Saunja Braun from Waldheim.
S – Slo-Pitch – Get your Spitz and lawn chairs, and watch co-ed adult slo-pitch evenings during May and June. View here: Hepburn Ball League Schedule. If you are interested in getting on a team, or putting in a team next year, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org Fees $200/team in 2018. At Hepburn Ball Diamond, at northeast side of town. Click here to view the League Rules: Hepburn Slo-Pitch Rules. Click here to view the League Schedule: 2018 Slo-Pitch Schedule.
V – Volunteer Awards:
- Volunteer of the Year Award: 2017 – Gil and Shelley Dueck. 2018 – Janet Hamilton. 2019 - Teddi Dear.
- Citizen of the Year Award: 2017 – Rob and Kim Bushman. 2018 – Tim and Neysa Wall. 2019 - Erica Baerwald.
Hepburn Parks and Rec Board
- Light Up Hepburn Nomination Form - from Nov 24 to Dec 13. Presented at Hepburn School Concert, Dec 19.
- Citizen of the Year Nomination Form – due Feb 1. Presented at Winter Festival, March.
- Volunteer of the Year Award Form – due May 1. Presented at Fair Days, June.
- Community Lottery Grant Application Form - coming soon.
- Creative Kids Funding Application Form – http://www.creativekidssask.ca/content/file/Creative_Kids_application_July_2017_Lakeland.pdf. Deadline August 18.
- Kidsport Funding Application Form – http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/saskatchewan/
- Contact: Town Office, at 306-947-2170 or Jenn Becker, Chairperson, at 306-947-2470.
- Follow Hepburn Parks and Rec on Facebook.